Shellie Richards (pictured below), an undergraduate alumna of Belmont University and a Master's student in Belmont's Graduate English program, has had a fruitful 2012 when it comes to publishing her writing. She has placed her poetry and short fiction in a variety of print and online venues. This impressive list includes:
- Bartleby Snopes, "Quick & Painless" (fiction short story). Winner, Story of the Month January 2012.
- Belmont Literary Journal, "The Price of Doubt" (fiction short story) & "South Carolina in July" (poetry). Spring 2012.
- The Chaffey Review, "Primetime" (creative non-fiction short story). Volume VIII, Summer 2012.
- Tabula Rasa: Vanderbilt University Journal of Medical Humanities, "The Diagnosis" (short story). Spring 2012.
- Pyrokinection, "On the Way to Gautreau’s in New Orleans" (poetry). June 2012.
- The Mindless Muse, "One-Horse Town Life," "Errands," & "Academia Unraveled" (poetry). July 2012.
- Jellyfish Whispers, "Dusk" & "The Hundred Year Flood" (poetry). August 2012.